Student Visa

Get you student visa in Spain

The student visa allows any foreigner to live and study in Spain. The visa is granted for the duration of the studies, up to a maximum of one year, and the student visa can be renewed or extended for successive annual periods until the studies are completed in Spain.

In addition, after finishing these studies, if the student intends to continue living in Spain, there are different options or ways to do so.

Advantages of this permit

1º.- This visa will allow you to study a course, bachelor’s degree, postgraduate, master’s degree or PhD course in Spain. Likewise, it allows foreigners in charge of research projects here to live in Spain. 

2º.- The application for a stay for study purposes may be submitted while the foreigner is in Spain or in his/her country of origin. Depending on whether the student is already in Spain or not, the foreigner must appear in person at the Spanish Consular Office of his/her place of residence (not in Spain), or he/she can appear in person at the Immigration Office of the place where he/she resides in Spain or by telematic means through a Lawyer (already in Spain).

3º.- Students can bring their family members to Spain (spouse, registered partner and children under 18 years of age or disabled persons).

4º.- The student visa will allow you to do up to 20 hours a week of professional internships, which can be paid.

5º.- This type of visa will allow you to work up to 20 hours a week by requesting the corresponding authorisation.

6º.- The renewal or extension of your stay for study purposes requires the submission of basic documentation.

7º.- Once the studies are finished, the student has different options to be able to continue living in Spain in the long term and work here, such as the Initial Residence Authorisation for Job Search or the Initial Residence Authorisation for internships. After one year any of them can be modified into the Residence and Work Authorisation for Employment or Self-Employment, among others.

We respond in less than 24 hours

Consultations will be answered within the next 24 hours

How can we get in touch?

How can we help you?

1º.- If your aim is to study in Spain, or if you are already a student and you wish to extend your stay for studies or if you have already finished your studies in Spain and you wish to continue living here, we will conduct a specialized study of your case, risk analysis and feasibility of the permit or visa to apply for, and we will advise you on the best option according to your specific case.

2º.-We will gather with you the necessary documentation to submit your application. In our services you can also ask for a documentary audit, so as to ensure that everything is correct before submitting it.

3º.- We will submit your application in the appropriate form depending on the case and we will follow up the process until resolution.

4º.- Upon obtaining  a favourable resolution, we will request a fingerprint appointment to obtain your residence card. We can accompany you, if you wish so.

5º.- Once the fingerprints have been impressed, we will request an appointment for the collection of your new card, also accompanying you in this process, and thus successfully completing your immigration process in Spain.

Contact Us

Comprehensive advice

We take care of the entire proceedings and help you with everything you need, including the translation of the required documentation.

Direct contact

Our legal and financial team will be at your disposal in order to solve any doubts or queries that may arise throughout the proceeding.

Requirements in 2021 in Spain for granting the student visa

1º.- Should the application be presented incountry, that is, if the interested party is already in Spain, he/she must be here in a regular situation, which means that he/she cannot be in Spain illegally and the application must be submitted 30 days before the expiration of his/her legal situation in Spain (for example, before the expiration of his/her tourist visa).

If the application is submitted when being outside Spain, the interested party must submit all the required documentation in person at the Spanish Consular Office in their place of residence.

2º.- To have been admitted to an authorised educational centre in Spain (public or private) for the completion of a full-time program leading to the award of a degree or certificate of studies.

3º.- To have sufficient economic funds and public or private medical insurance.

General documentation

1º.- Official application form.

2º.- Complete and valid passport.

3º.- Accreditation of sufficient economic funds for the period requested and for the return to the country of origin.

4º.- For underage students, authorisation from parents or legal guardians.

5º.- Medical insurance.

6º.- Documentation certifying his/her admission to an educational centre.

7º.- If the duration of the stay exceeds six months:

  • Medical certificate.
  • If you are of criminal legal age, the criminal record certificate.