Obtaining this type of visa is one of the simplest nowadays, and it is aimed at all citizens of non-European third countries who wish to invest in Spain, allowing them to reside in our country for an initial period of one year, renewable thereafter as long as the investment is maintained. Thus, the holder shall obtain significant advantages and benefits over other types of authorisations.
Advantages of this permit
1.- Very simple and fast process, avoiding exaggerated bureaucracy.
2.- It is not necessary for the holder to remain in Spain, but in order to renew it, it will be sufficient to have visited the country once and maintain the investment made (unlike other permits that require residence in Spain for more than 183 days).
3.- This permit entitles the holder not only to reside in Spain, but also to work in our country.
4.- It allows the holder to travel freely throughout the Schengen Area.
5.- If desired, the holder’s spouse or children may apply for a visa together with his/her application.
6.- It can be renewed or extended as long as you have visited Spain at least once and the investment made in the country is maintained.
We respond in less than 24 hours
Consultations will be answered within the next 24 hours
How can we get in touch?
How can we help you?
1.- We will analyse your case, and conduct a risk and feasibility analysis. Afterwards, we will advise you on the best option according to your specific case.
2.- Our team of economists will advise you on the possible investments you can make in Spain, carrying out a detailed study and financial advice tailored to your interests and needs. We will help you to make this investment. If you have a business project, we will help you to apply for a general interest report necessary for your application, and we will draft the required Business Plan.
3.- If you finally decide to make the investment you have planned, we will help you during the whole process.
4.-Once the investment is made, we will gather with you the necessary documentation to apply for. In our services you can also ask for a documentary audit, so as to ensure that everything is correct before submitting it.
5.- We will request an appointment at the Spanish Diplomatic Mission or Consular Office in your country for the personal submission of your application or, if you already hold an investor visa or are legally residing in Spain with another permit and wish to apply for a residence authorisation as an investor (which is granted for two years), we submit your application electronically to the General Directorate for Migration, Large Companies and Strategic Collectives Unit.
6.- We will obtain a favourable resolution granting you the visa or residence authorisation as an investor.
7.- We will accompany you during the final phase of the process: obtaining your foreigner’ identity card, making an appointment for you to apply for it, and gathering the necessary documentation. Finally, we will request a new appointment for the collection of your card once it is available (about a month after your request)
Requirements in 2021 for obtaining the Golden Visa or Investor Visa
1.- There are two different ways to apply for it:
Investor visa application:
- It shall be requested in person at the Diplomatic Mission or Consular Office of the investor’s country of origin.
- It is granted for a period of one year.
- It is renewable upon request of a residence authorisation for investors, as long as they maintain the conditions and investment made and have visited Spain at least once.
Application for Residence Authorisation for investor:
- It is requested by telematic means from the General Directorate for Migration, Large Companies and Strategic Sectors Unit.
- It can be applied for either by the holder of an investor visa while it is still valid or during the 90 days following its expiry, or by a foreigner who is legally residing in Spain with another permit.
- It is granted for an initial period of two years, renewable thereafter for successive periods of 5 years, provided that Spain has been visited at least once a year and the investment made is maintained.
2º.- A significant equity investment in Spain must be accredited:
An initial investment in the following financial products for an amount equal to or greater than:
- 2,000,000 EUR in Spanish public debt securities.
- 1,000,000 EUR in shares in Spanish capital companies with a real business activity.
- 1,000,000 EUR in investment funds, closed-end investment funds or venture capital funds incorporated in Spain.
- 1,000,000 EUR in bank deposits in Spanish financial institutions.
Investment in real estate with a value equal to or greater than 500,000 EUR for each applicant.
Accrediting a business project to be developed in Spain and considered and accredited as being of general interest, for which at least one of the following conditions will be assessed:
- Job creation.
- Making an investment with a significant socio-economic impact in the geographical area in which the activity is to be carried out.
- Relevant contribution to scientific and/or technological innovation.
1.- Official application form.
2.- Passport or travel document, recognized as valid in Spain.
3.- Criminal record certificate issued by the authorities of the country of origin or of the country or countries in which he/she has resided during the last five years.
4.- Documentation accrediting that he/she has the economic funds for the period requested for him/herself and for the family members who are going to accompany him/her.
5.- Medical Insurance contracted with an insurance company operating in Spain.
6.- Accreditation of the investment.